This episode is about our core. We are the WizeGuys, and our perspective is centered on wisdom , so, let’s get right down in it and ask some of the tough questions. And, as always, our conversation will be roguish, as we weave in these core values and, as always, we’ll share a mystic MacNugget. Let’s get at it…
“Namaste, all of you beautifully, exotic cocktails…
Comment on Facebook, email us, we want to more of these stories!
Manifesto points to consider: All of them in one way or another!
The quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
The soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of experience, knowledge, and good judgment.
Synonyms: savvy, foresight, poise, clear thinking, enlightenment
Who might be considered wise from history or currently? Why?
- The Buddha
- A church leader/pastor/elder
- Abraham Lincoln
- Whitman, Thoreau, Will Rogers, Mark Twain, any today…?
Why should we want to cultivate wisdom?
Do we all have some amount of wisdom? Female gender in ancient texts.
Is it about age and experience?
Do we all have the ability to gain wisdom?
How do we cultivate wisdom?
It’s about an elevated perspective.
Two categories of wisdom:
- Practical wisdom
- Experiential-“Been there, done that.”
- Common sense
- Eclectic wisdom
- Higher intuitive thinking and sensitivity.
- Emotional intelligence.
- The ability to assimilate divine ideas.
- Foolishness in the eyes of the world.
Be wise Because:
- We will make better decisions.
- Life will be less…stressful.
- Relationships will be better.Y
- You will have more peace/better health/more fun!
- Raise better families as we cultivate it in next generations.
- It’s the remnants that have always under girded society. We need you to be one of them.
“Wisdom discerns between the self-imposed and the rightfully closed.”