In this episode it’s time to unlock one of the keys to doing it little better…better listening. If we learn to listen to what’s going on around us with not only our two physical ears, but also with our “spiritual ears”, a beautiful symphony emerges. Deep stuff this week, Stu…
Stu: “Namaste, all of you beautifully, exotic cocktails…
Comment on Facebook, email us, we want to more of your stories!
Article on Patheos by Tom Rapsas entitled, “5 Ways to Hear What God is Telling You.”
Discernment: spiritual judgement and understanding, which comes from listening to God (i.e., the foundation of all life.). Allows us to sift through our impulses, motives and opinions.
“IF GOD IS SPEAKING, HOW COME I DON’T HEAR IT?”
PRAYER AND CONTEMPLATION
- Pondering is a lost art.
- Takes the focus off of “me”.
- Engage spiritual perception
READING THE “BOOK OF NATURE”
- Feel the resonance with the universe.
- Appreciate beauty
- Enter into the rhythm
- Practice “oneness”.
PAYING ATTENTION TO PEOPLE IN YOUR PATH
- Of course. There are no coincidences.
- Everyone is a channel for God to see the world. Namaste.
- Mainly look to primary relationships. Anyone can have impact and influence.
ANALYZING THE EVENTS OF THE DAY
- “What might God be doing, here?”
- Look for confirming “billboards”.
- Take time to ponder both the welcome and the unwelcome events.
- Purpose to learn from the day.
LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE DRAWN TO READ [written or audio]
- Look for the Divine Communication
- Look for patterns
- Flesh out new thoughts and concepts with others.
- Be open-minded.
THE “THEREFORE…”: Using discernment results in:
- Our lives are less chaotic and less filled with drama.
- Less anxious and fearful.
- More comfortable with solitude and with accepting uncertainty
- Discover a deep, inner peace.
Mystic MacNugget: “Behold life instead of merely observing it. Kind of makes the whole…holy, doesn’t it?” -Mac