In this episode we’re going to talk about just how fragile everything is. In light of that, we want to come from a place of poise and not fear. Let’s talk about how to do that just a little bit better… Hey, Stu…
Stu: “Namaste, all of you beautifully, exotic cocktails…
Comment on Facebook, email us, we want to more of your stories!
Play the clip: Saturday Night Lights, Season 1, Episode 1
“Give all of us that have gathered here tonight the strength to remember that life is so very fragile. We are all vulnerable. And we will all, at some point in our lives…fall. We will all fall. We must carry this in our hearts. That what we have is special. That it can be taken from us. And when it is taken from us, we will be tested. We will be tested to our very souls. We will all now be tested…
- To acknowledge and face the uncertainties.
- Strength that transcends the physical but speaks to the emotional and spiritual.
- It must be cultivated. Individually and corporately.
- Our “certainties”
- Relationships (divorce)
- Institutions, religions, democracy(USA)
- It’s impossible to live life without “casualties”. We want to minimize them, not eliminate them.
- Some occupations create more vulnerability(risk) than others.
- We aren’t always going to get it right.
- Fall from comfort. Bad stuff happens.
- Life is a gift. Appreciate it.
- Humanity and spirituality.
- Clarity over certainty
- Build in flexibility
- Animated and directed for whatever is next.
- Natural flow of life, not by God
- Take time to evaluate how you are doing
- Purpose to make learning a lifelong habit.
To cultivate wisdom, poise, resilience, humility and a perspective that can embrace all of it with dignity and peace.
Mystic MacNugget: “I’m so much more than the bad things that happen to me.” -Nightbirde
Rephrase and substitute “We” for “I”.