In this episode the Guyz talk about…how to do it just a little better! Most of us need some action steps that we can implement in order to make progress, so we’re going to offer some tips on growing and developing deeper wisdom. I know Stu, you are thinking how much I hate checklists! Yea, let’s strap in,
Stu…“Namaste, all of you beautifully, exotic cocktails…
Comment on Facebook, email us, we want to more of these stories!
THE SETUP: A process for “doing it just a little bit better”.
- Stu’s “school” analogy.
- Maturity. Insight does not result in understanding/application/wisdom
- Who are the “midwives” in your life to help with this birthing process? A holistic relationship.
- Wisdom literature: Bible, Koran, Plato, Teachings of Confucius, Vedic texts, Sutras, Book of Mormon, Course in Miracles
- Non-fiction books/Podcasts: Science of Mind & Rosicrucian teachings.
- Movies: Look for redemption themes. See the bigger picture. Snatch nuggets of wisdom.
- Documentaries: The Secret, religious studies, Positive Mental Attitude studies.
- Seminars/courses: GAIA, CAC, Rob Bell, Emergence Magazine, etc.
Tradition: Do not undervalue traditional evidence and practice. Let it have its place and its due honor.
- Family traditional practices
Reason: Be able to articulate truths from a logical, rational point of view.
- Temper reason with mystery. Be ok with there being things we cannot understand.
- Religion has often asked us to check our brain at the door. There needs to be a certain amount of plausibility.
- Strive to remove as much bias as possible. Be honest.
- Reasonable conclusions can shorten the leap to truths we need to take on faith
Experience: “There's a beauty to wisdom and experience that cannot be faked. It's impossible to be mature without having lived.” - Amy Grant
- It’s hard to have reasonable assurance of something unless we have experienced it personally.
- There is a “knowing” that only experience can give you.
- Good Will Hunting example of The Sistine Chapel.
- Builds credibility and confidence.
- You need to be “experience-able” Get out of the bubble of comfort. Answer a “calling”.
Mystic MacNugget: You are pregnant with boundless possibilities. Push harder until you hear the cry of new life wrecking your old life. -Mac