In this episode we’re going to go rogue and call you to a life of barbarianism. A life that puts aside common sense because we don’t want a common life. It’s the core of who we are, and we want to share with you why we are so passionate about cultivating a perspective that goes beyond conforming to the norm and living with your head down. Scary…yea. Exciting…yea. Hard…yea, that, too. But, hey, this is what we are all about! Stu, it’s time to pop the bubble…
“Namaste, all of you beautifully, exotic cocktails…
Comment on Facebook [@MACandSTU ], email us, we want to more of these stories!
THE SETUP: TO BE A BARBARIAN (One who is “uncivilized”)
It’s a path filled with adventure, uncertainty, and unlimited possibilities. Stop conforming and start on a path of transforming.
TRAITS OF A BARBARIAN IS EXPRESSED IN MANY OF OUR MANIFESTO POINTS AND MACNUGGETS.
- Going rogue in pursuit of wisdom.
- Grow a pair [of wings] a little larger. Heads-up, you’ll start knocking shit over.
- Set your sparks loose to ignite the lives of others. Live your life with your heart and eyes wide open.
- Wize lives for the get-to.
- Don’t stay faithful to the person you used to be.
- Gets used to different.
- Goes beyond what happens to what matters.
- Shed the routine...go on mission.
SO HOW DO YOU BECOME A BARBARIAN?
- Change your perspective. Be open to, and seek, new ideas.
- Come to understand that there are almost always viable alternatives to your point of view.
- Risk it. Try something new and abandon yourself to the journey.
- Dare to think a new thought. If you wet your pants, then you are onto something.
- Do it with like-minded people.
- Shift from me to we and fight for the heart of humanity.
- Seek a greater power to accomplish things far beyond your capacity. [Animated and directed by the Spirit]
- Say NO to the lesser to make room for the greater. Shift your priorities.
- Give your life greater meaning by shedding domestication.
Mystic MacNugget: “Cultivate soul aches. You don’t heal these, you run with them.” -Mac